The Arkansas Foodbank is the state’s largest non-governmental provider of emergency food aid. In 2014, the Arkansas Foodbank distributed 22.4 million pounds of food; the highest ever in our 30 year history. The Arkansas Foodbank operates as a distribution hub for 300 member agencies in 33 counties in central and south Arkansas. These agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, youth programs, senior centers, schools and emergency shelters. Foodbank member agencies service approximately 30,000 people per week --- touching the lives of 280,000 individuals every year.
We are currently seeking a Chief Operating Officer who will be responsible for strategic planning and oversight of all Operations related to the receipt and distribution of food and product, from the source of food to the “last mile”. This position manages data analysis and resolves problems and challenges related to data analysis; anticipates and researches innovative methods to secure, receive and distribute product; oversees the implementation of new Operation’s programs; and evaluates Operation’s processes. Responsibilities also include oversight of: maintenance and security of The Foodbank’s facility; warehouse operations, maintenance of vehicles, and safety training.
As a key organizational leader, the Chief Operating Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Oversee and coordinate activities within the Operations area to ensure the successful receipt and distribution of product with attainment of organizational goals and objectives.
• Development of operational goals and budget including ongoing review and analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasting of data to determine department and organizational progress toward stated plans and objectives.
• Facility maintenance and organizational safety and sanitation training and other activities to ensure a safe, healthy, productive and accident-free work environment that meets and exceeds all government and industry guidelines.
• Security, safety and stability of the organization’s facilities
• Develop goals and define metrics for measurement and evaluation of performance. Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including monitoring and setting performance standards. Train and mentor staff to achieve process improvements, teamwork, personal responsibility and customer-service orientation. .
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
• Minimum five (5) years or five years of progressively responsible experience in the food industry or managing warehouse distribution center that includes three years of supervisory experience.
• Familiarity with computer operations including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Or, equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
In order to be successful in this position, the successful candidate must have:
• Knowledge of warehouse logistics as they pertain to the planning, implementing, and controlling the efficient, cost effective flow and storage of raw materials, in-process inventory, finished goods and food safety.
• Knowledge of budgeting and administration.
• Ability to implement and maintain federal, state, and local guidelines, regulations, and programs relating to transit and safety
• Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
How to Apply
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.