Major Gifts Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Major Gifts Officer will manage all aspects of the Arkansas Foodbank’s major gifts program, from prospect identification and cultivation to donor stewardship and reporting. Employee will secure major gifts to further the mission of the Arkansas Foodbank. This position is full time at 40 hours per week. Individual in this position may occasionally work irregular hours as necessary.
- Execution of the major gifts program for the Arkansas Foodbank, focusing on cultivation, stewardship and securing major gifts to further the mission of the organization
- Work in conjunction with Chief Development Officer (CDO) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to identify, cultivate, solicit and appreciate major gift donors. Must also develop and execute donor experiences as needed, including receptions, volunteer opportunities and others. Employee will focus on visits, deepening relationships and securing gifts.
- Practice donor-centric fundraising, with a focus on aligning donor giving priorities with organizational priorities.
- Continually develop prospects through a variety of sources.
- Track all donor interactions in database.
- Keep reports up to date. (Asks on the Table, Gift Status reports and other reports as required by management.)
- Prepare presentations, marketing materials, letters and other required literature for solicitations.
- Work with the Arkansas Foodbank’s management team, within the current Strategic Plan, to identify and quantify specific giving priorities and opportunities.
- Under the leadership of CDO, utilize organizational volunteers and other relationships as needed to secure introductions and visits.
- The Major Gifts Officer should be able to handle basic budgets and return on investment analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1) Bachelor’s Degree. 2) Must have 5-7 years experience in Development or Project Management. 3) Familiarity with computer operations including Microsoft Word, Excel, donor database management and wealth screening. 4) Or, equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
SALARY: $50,000 - $60,000 depending on experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
1) Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format. 2) Ability to work independently. 3) Ability to organize and prioritize work. 4) Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. 5) Ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. 6) Ability to lift approximately 40 pounds. 7) Current, valid Arkansas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.