The Arkansas Foodbank is the state’s largest non-governmental provider of emergency food aid. In 2014, the Arkansas Foodbank distributed 22.4 million pounds of food; the highest ever in our 30 year history. The Arkansas Foodbank operates as a distribution hub for 300 member agencies in 33 counties in central and south Arkansas. These agencies include food pantries, soup kitchens, youth programs, senior centers, schools and emergency shelters. Foodbank member agencies service approximately 30,000 people per week --- touching the lives of 280,000 individuals every year.
We are currently seeking a Community Relations Coordinator who takes an active and proactive role in building the capacity of all members, recruiting new members, and increasing Meals per Person in Poverty (MPIP) in underserved counties. Intensive regional travel is required for this position.
The Community Relations Coordinator will report directly to the Chief Program Officer and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct partner research, cultivation, enrollment, and ongoing stewardship to develop prospective partners. Review demographic and geographic data within service areas and counties to inform community capacity building efforts that address hunger.
• Organize and facilitate meetings with colleges and universities to promote and assist with the development of food pantries on college campuses.
• Organize and facilitate community meetings and/or participate in local civic association meetings and events to build working relationships with current and prospective partners.
• Develop workshops for members that contribute to successful agency operations, coordinate and market Arkansas Foodbank University and organize and market regional member meetings.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in public service, human services, nonprofit management or community development.
• At least three years Project Management experience.
• Familiarity with computer operations and software, including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
• At least five years’ experience in community development or nonprofit management.
• Successful background preparing and making presentations.
• Or, equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• In order to be successful in this position, the successful candidate must:
• Possess exceptional communication skills, demonstrated through written work and speaking experience with diverse groups.
• Be able to analyze and interpret demographic and geographic data of areas to be served.
• Be able to work independently and to organize and prioritize work.
• Be able to meet deadlines and operate office equipment.
• Be able to lift approximately 20-50 pounds.
• Be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
• Possess current, valid Arkansas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
How to Apply
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.