We are currently seeking a Chief Program Officer who will be responsible for strategic planning and oversight of all program service activities. The successful candidate will ensure that food is distributed equitably throughout the Arkansas Foodbank’s service area to member agencies and that the agencies are provided with the best education, training and resources available.
As a key organizational leader, the Chief Program Officer will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Develop strategies for increasing food distribution in each of Arkansas Foodbank’s counties in order to comply with Arkansas Foodbank’s goals and Feeding America’s compliance standards.
• Design and lead an educational effort through workshops and other training forums with agency partners to increase their knowledge of available hunger programs and support, service opportunities and operational practices; e.g., food handling, fund raising and communication.
• Develop operational goals and budget including ongoing review and analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecasting of data to determine department and organizational progress toward stated plans and objectives.
• Participate as a member of the executive leadership team in organizational planning, development, monitoring, and evaluation.
• Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable about agency issues and trends, policies, regulations, and other matters affecting the Foodbank.
• Set standards for accountability and measurements of success for Program Services staff.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Social Services related field.
• Minimum five (5) years management experience.
• Or, equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Familiarity with computer operations including Microsoft Office.
• Experience in a non – profit organization is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
In order to be successful in this position, the successful candidate must:
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively internally and externally.
• Be able to apply diverse strategies to analyze problems and to guide and develop solutions to result in desired outcomes and mission impact.
• Possess exceptional communication skills, demonstrated through written work and speaking experience with diverse.
• Be able to plan, organize, and carry out work independently, and to identify appropriate solutions to problem situations audiences.
• Be able to lift 20-25 pounds.
How to Apply
The Arkansas Foodbank is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.