Arkansas is consistently among the states with the highest rates of food insecurity in the U.S., with 19.7% of Arkansans not knowing where their next meal is coming form. The Arkansas Foodbank is the state’s largest non-governmental provider of emergency food aid. The Foodbank provides high quality, safe, healthy food to a network of about 300 food pantries and other hunger relief agencies in 33 counties in central and south Arkansas. Of the 280,000 clients we serve; 33% are children under age 18 and 11% are seniors over age 60. We distribute enough food for 67,000 meals a day and 2.1 million visits a year.
We are currently seeking a Bookkeeper who is responsible for maintaining the Foodbank’s general ledger and journals by recording, verifying and maintaining financial records that conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
The Bookkeeper will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and have the following essential duties and responsibilities:
• Analyze and correct current period errors in the general ledger / recommend resolution for report discrepancies and problems.
• Ensure accounts payable and receivables are coded and entered into the financial system according to the Foodbank’s procedures.
• Administer all aspects of payroll utilizing the payroll system, which includes computing and transmitting via personal computer and modem.
• Prepare grants and other miscellaneous reports as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
• At least four years’ accounting or financial experience.
• Familiarity with computer operations including Microsoft Office Word and Excel;
• Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
In order to be successful in this position, the successful candidate must:
• Ability to make independent judgments which have highly significant impacts on the organization
• Ability to formulate, initiate, and administer policies and procedures for effective fiscal control
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work
• Ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment
• Ability to life approximately 10 pounds
How to Apply
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.