JOB DESCRIPTION: The Warehouse Specialist is expected to work as a valued member of the warehouse. This position works under general supervision in the warehouse and will be primarily responsible for receiving and all commodity selection. This position will work 40 hours per week.
• Receive all product from trucks making deliveries to the Foodbank;
• Receive all product picked up by Foodbank trucks;
• Select orders;
• Restock merchandise in the order selection area;
• Assist agencies with loading of their pallets;
• Transfer products to cooler, freezer, and warehouse from dock area;
• Complete proper receiving and shipping forms;
• Make safety inspection of the equipment at the beginning of each day. Turn inspection report in to Warehouse Manager;
• Inspect all incoming loads for evidence of spoilage, odors, damaged containers, insects, rodents, excessive heat damage, freezer damage, water damage, mold, or product leakage and report same to Warehouse Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1) High School Diploma; 2) One year relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job; 3) Must be certified to operate power industrial equipment (fork lift, pallet jack, etc.) or be able to pass power industrial certification will be administered by the Arkansas Foodbank.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
1) Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format; 2) Ability to work independently or with little supervision; 3) Ability to lift approximately 65 pounds repeatedly; 4) Ability to work in severe weather conditions-both heat and cold; 5) Current, valid Arkansas driver’s license and proof of insurance.
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled.