JOB DESCRIPTION: The Development Intern will work closely with the Development department assisting with such tasks as fundraising, donor stewardship and database management. While assisting with a wide range of fundraising projects, interns will gain substantial hands-on experience and specific training in many aspects of nonprofit development. Intern will work 16 hours a week. The Arkansas Foodbank offers this internship opportunity for interns during the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. This is a non-paid position.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
- Update and correct database records
- Assist Donor Relations Coordinator with mailing out donor acknowledgement letters
- Assist Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator with setting up materials for our Volunteers Orientation
- Assist development department by performing miscellaneous administrative activities.
- Assist with special events
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: 1) High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 2) Development interns will be actively enrolled in a university nonprofit management program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS:
1) Ability to communicate effectively, oral and written format. 2) Ability to problem solve; 3) Ability to lift approximately 20-25 pounds.
CLOSING DATE: This position will remain open until filled